One of the top plastic surgeons in Boca Raton, Dr. Becker, has been in plastic surgery practice since 1981 and is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Becker received his medical degree from the University of Witwatersand, Johannesburg, South Africa, and completed his plastic surgery residency at the Medical College of Virginia. He is a member of many regional and national medical societies including the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the American Society of Plastic Reconstructive Surgeons, American College of Surgeons, and the Royal College of Surgeons-Edinburgh.
Dr. Becker specializes in reconstructive and cosmetic surgery of the breasts, facial rejuvenation, and liposuction. He is both nationally and internationally recognized for his expertise in plastic surgery, having lectured all over the world on his surgical techniques and published more than 50 articles in medical literature. He has developed several medical patents, including the Becker Adjustable Breast Implant and the Becker Dissector Liposuction Cannula and a complete line of natural skin care products, always keeping the patient’s best interest in mind.
After experiencing the emotional and physical difficulties of his patients coping with a diagnosis of breast cancer early in his career, Dr. Becker was determined to help patients undergoing mastectomies maintain their femininity and self-esteem following the loss of their natural breasts, and invented the Becker Adjustable Breast Implant. This implant allows the patient to undergo reconstructive surgery in only ONE procedure. The implant also allows a woman to regain her confidence and figure immediately and achieve the results desired as the implant is shaped and sized when fluid is added through a port which is removed once healing has taken place.
Dr. Becker continues his mission to help breast cancer patients by donating his surgical skills to helping mastectomy patients around the world. He has performed free surgeries in Thailand, China, Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Germany, and Panama as well as other countries. He donates his time lecturing and demonstrating his highly sought-after surgical techniques to physicians not only in South Florida, but worldwide. Dr Becker’s experience in reconstructive breast surgery greatly enhances his ability to perform cosmetic surgery of the breasts.
In addition to being a skilled surgeon, he has published two books, contributed to numerous text books, authored over 80 articles in related medical journals and serves as an instructor at plastic surgery meetings, seminars and conferences throughout the world.
Dr. Becker is the recipient of many awards, most notably named one of Good Housekeeping’s top Breast Cancer Reconstructive Surgeons in 1989. He remains dedicated to his cancer patients around the world. His philosophy is to exceed his patients’ needs and expectations and ensure they always receive the highest standard of care.
- Board Certification
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1981
- Medical Degree
- University of Witwatersrand Johannesburg, South Africa
- Johannesburg Group of Teaching Hospitals
- Residency and Fellowships
- University of Witwatersrand Medical School Johannesburg
- Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Medical College of Virginia
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow 1996
- Honorary Member, Association of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons of Southern Africa
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Florida Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Palm Beach County Medical Society
- Medical Devices Developed
- Mentor Becker® Adjustable Breast Implant
- Adjustable Saline Implant Spectrum®
- Adjustable Gel Implant Spectra®
- Becker Liposuction Cannula®
- Journal Service
- Reviewer 2015-Present
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Aesthetic Surgery Journal
- European Surgery of Plastic Surgery
- Annals of Breast Surgery
- over 90 articles in medical literature
© BeckerMD. All rights reserved. Boca Raton Web Design & Internet Marketing by Studio III