Many women want larger, shapelier breasts, but may be hesitant to undergo invasive surgery to achieve that cosmetic goal. Dr. Hilton Becker performs fat transfer breast augmentation in Florida to enhance the breasts in a minimally-invasive procedure, without implants or scarring, using your body’s own natural fat.
Boca Raton plastic surgeon, Dr. Becker is a pioneer in both breast surgery and liposuction. In fact, he developed the series of liposuction cannulas (thin metal tubes) that are currently used in fat transfer procedures.
He takes extraordinary care of his patients, with painstaking attention to detail in both patient experience and quality control. If you would like to have fuller, shapelier breasts without having breast implant surgery, schedule a consultation with Dr. Becker to find out if you are a good candidate for our fat transfer breast augmentation in Boca Raton.
What Is Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation?
Also known as fat grafting, fat transfer is a procedure in which fat is harvested from one area of the body (such as the hips, flanks, belly, buttocks, or thighs) and transferred to another area (such as the breasts) to add volume. This treatment has the double benefit of slimming areas with stubborn fat deposits and enhancing the breasts in the same procedure. Breast augmentation fat grafting in Boca Raton is a minimally-invasive option for women who want to add fullness and enhance the shape of the breasts without undergoing invasive surgery to place implants.
How Is Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Performed?
Our fat transfer breast augmentation in Florida is typically performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthetic or IV sedation.
- Donor sites (areas of stubborn fat deposits) are selected and marked for treatment.
- Excess fat is extracted from the donor sites using a special method of liposuction that preserves living fat cells.
- The harvested fat is cleansed and purified and the healthiest fat cells are selected for injection.
- The surgeon carefully injects hundreds of tiny droplets of fat into the breast tissue using an instrument known as a cannula (thin metal tube).
- Dr. Becker may combine platelet-rich plasma (PRP), rich in growth factors, with the fat transfer procedure.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation?
Our fat transfer breast augmentation in Boca Raton may be an ideal solution for women who want to enhance their breasts but prefer to do so using their own natural fat instead of saline or silicone gel-filled implants. However, this procedure may not be appropriate for everyone.
An ideal candidate for fat transfer breast augmentation may be a patient who:
- Desires a modest increase in breast size
- Prefers to avoid invasive surgery, implants, and scars
- Wants to slim other areas of the body while enhancing the breasts
- Does not have significant breast sagging
- Has adequate fat donor sites for the procedure
What Are the Advantages of Fat Transfer over Implants for Breast Augmentation?
Enhancing the breasts using the patient’s own natural fat is an attractive option for many women. As reported in a Science Daily article, breast augmentation with fat grafting increased by 72% in 2016. This procedure has a number of advantages over implants:
- Minimally-invasive procedure
- Can be performed under local anesthesia
- No surgical scarring of the breasts
- No artificial materials or foreign objects implanted in the breasts
- More natural feel than saline or silicone implants
- Avoids potential complications of breast implants, including capsular contracture (a painful condition in which the capsule that forms around the implant contracts, distorting the implant), rippling, and implant rupture
- Uses natural fat, rich in stem cells and producing proteins that improve the texture, pliability, and health of the skin
- Allows patients to remove unwanted fat and slim areas of the body with stubborn fat deposits